Last Updated: June 1, 2022
Effective Date: June 13, 2022
This Conditions of Use Agreement (the “Agreement”) constitutes a legally binding contract between Allegory Technology Inc. (“Allegory”, “Company”, “We”, “Us” or “Our”) and You with respect to Your use of the website: “www.allegoryinsurance.com” (the “Allegory Website” or “Site”), Allegory mobile application (the “Allegory App”), the blog contained on the Allegory Website (the “Blog”), information, and services provided through them and our social media channels (collectively, the “Services”). It is important that You carefully read and understand the terms and conditions of this Agreement. The Services provided herein are a copyrighted work belonging to Allegory.
Please be advised that You will be deemed to have agreed to this agreement through your use (to any extent) of the services and hyperlinking to or use of the Allegory Website and the Allegory App. Also, this Agreement contains disclaimers of warranties and limitations on liability that may be applicable to You.
Allegory is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your Personal Information. The information you share with Allegory allows us to provide you with the best experience with our products and services. Therefore, You also agree to the terms and conditions of Our Privacy Notice, which details the ways in which We may use personal information that belongs to you.
The Allegory Website and the Allegory Mobile Application
This Agreement applies to all users of the Allegory Website, Allegory Mobile Application, and users who contribute to Allegory social media channels. Anytime You have the ability to post content and comment on any of Our Services, the use of these features is additionally governed by the Code of Conduct.
The information provided on the Services is for informational purposes only. It is not intended as a substitute for insurance or financial advice. If you require legal, insurance or financial advice, it is your responsibility to obtain such from a licensed service professional.
Access to the Services
Subject to these terms and conditions, the Company grants you a non-transferable, non-exclusive, recoverable, limited license to access to the Services solely for you own personal, non-commercial use.
The right approved to you in this Agreement is subject to the following restrictions:
- You shall not sell, rent, lease, transfer, assign, distribute, host, or otherwise commercially exploit the Services.
- You shall not change, make derivate works of, disassemble, reverse compile or reverse engineer any part of the Site.
- You shall not access the Services in order to build a similar or competitive website.
- Except as expressly stated herein, no part of the Services may be copied, reproduced, distributed, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted or transmitted in any form or by any means unless otherwise indicated, any future release, update, or other addition to functionality of the Site shall be subject to these Terms. All copyright and other proprietary notices on the Site must be retained on all copies thereof
Company reserves the right to change, suspend, or cease the Site with or without notice to you. You approved that Company will not be held liable to you or any third-party for any change, interruption, or termination of the Site or any part.
Allegory Code of Conduct and Submission Guidelines
Certain features and/or portions of the Services may or may in the future permit you to upload, post or otherwise transmit content or information that you have created (the “User Content”). You hereby agree that you shall not use the site to upload, post, communicate or otherwise submit or transmit through, or to, the site any User Content that:
- may, in the sole and absolute discretion of Allegory, degrade, tarnish, disparage, or deprecate Allegory, and/or any of its products or services, including without limitation the site and/or the public image or standing in the community of Allegory;
- is deemed, in the sole and absolute discretion of Allegory to be defamatory, trade libelous, pornographic or obscene;
- is deemed, in the sole and absolute discretion of Allegory to contain, depict, include, discuss or involve, without limitation, any content that is or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, all as determined by Allegory in its sole and absolute discretion;
- contains any reference to or likeness of any identifiable third parties, unless consent has been obtained from each such individual and his/her parent/legal guardian if he/she is under the legal age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence;
- infringes, or might infringe, the intellectual property rights, privacy rights, rights of publicity, or other proprietary rights of other persons or entities, or give rise to any claims whatsoever;
- contains any viruses, trojan horses, time bombs, or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; and/or
- contains (in any format or media) any music, logos, trade-marks or other copyrighted materials (including, but not limited to, photographs, pictures, texts and lyrics) unless you have first obtained all necessary consents and permissions from the owner or owners of such materials.
Premium Services and Purchases
1. PREMIUM SERVICES: Certain Services, such as Allegory Premium, may be available only through creation of a User Account and payment of a fee (“Premium Services”). Through such accounts, You will have access to such Premium Services for a fixed term, which will automatically renew. The term, renewal period, and the total cost of each Premium Services offering will be provided within the Services or otherwise where the Premium Services are offered.
2. PREMIUM SERVICES AUTOMATICALLY RENEW: PREMIUM SERVICES AUTOMATICALLY RENEW CONTINUOUSLY AT THE END OF YOUR SUBSCRIPTION PERIOD, AND YOUR PAYMENT METHOD WILL BE CHARGED THE THEN-CURRENT RENEWAL PRICE (PLUS APPLICABLE TAXES) AUTOMATICALLY, WITHOUT ANY ADDITIONAL ACTION BY YOU. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE PREMIUM SERVICES AUTOMATICALLY RENEW UNLESS YOU CANCEL THEM OR WE SUSPEND OR TERMINATE THEM IN ACCORDANCE WITH THIS AGREEMENT.
3. CANCELLATION POLICY: YOU MAY CANCEL YOUR PREMIUM SERVICES AT ANY TIME, SUBJECT TO THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT. IN ORDER TO CANCEL, YOU MUST FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS GIVEN IN THE SERVICES PROVIDED BY ALLEGORY TECHNOLOGY INC. THERE ARE NO CANCELLATION FEES. INSTRUCTIONS FOR CANCELLING PREMIUM SERVICES MAY BE OBTAINED BY EMAIL REQUEST TO firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Trial Premiums: Access to Allegory Premium Services may from time to time be made available on a time-limited free trial basis (a “Trial” or “Trial Premiums”). Please note that this Agreement also applies to any Trial. You may be asked to provide Your credit or debit card information when registering for a Trial. In such event, Your credit or debit card will only be charged if You do not cancel Your Trial before the end of the Trial period. If We ask for Your credit or debit card information and You do not affirmatively cancel before the end of the Trial, then Your Trial may be converted into a paid subscription and Your credit or debit card may be charged the subscription fee in effect at the time Your Trial first began. Trial Premiums are not available to former Users of Premium Services or Users who have previously received a free trial and cancelled it prior to paying for Premium Services.
5. Purchases: We reserve the right to correct errors (whether by changing information on the Allegory Services or by informing You of the error and giving You an opportunity to cancel Your order) or to update information at any time without notice. We may grant or deny cancellation requests for individual orders in Our sole and absolute discretion. All sales are final.
6. Promo Codes: Allegory may, from time to time in its sole discretion, offer certain promotional codes for discounts. Promotional codes are non-transferable and are not redeemable for cash, credit, or toward previous purchases. There is no cash alternative. Furthermore, promotional codes cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotional discount, and must be redeemed by the date published, if provided. Lost promotional codes cannot be replaced. Limit one promotional code per customer. Promotional codes are void where prohibited. Any promotional program may be terminated or modified by Allegory at any time in Our sole discretion.
7. Payments Are Non-Refundable: Unless expressly provided otherwise in this Agreement, any and all payments made to Allegory are final and all charges are nonrefundable. Cancellations are effective the following billing period in which payment is due, except as otherwise expressly provided in this Agreement.
8. Taxes: Unless specified otherwise at the time of purchase, all payments to Allegory are exclusive of all taxes, levies, or duties imposed by taxing authorities, and You are responsible for payment of all such taxes, levies, or duties.
Third-Party Links and Ads
The Site may contain links to third-party websites and services, and/or display advertisements for third parties. Such Third-Party Links & Ads are not under the control of Company, and Company is not responsible for any Third-Party Links & Ads. Company provides access to these Third-Party Links &Ads only as a convenience to you, and does not review, approve, monitor, endorse, warrant, or make any representations with respect to Third-Party Links & Ads. You use all Third-Party Links & Ads at your own risk and should apply a suitable level of caution and discretion in doing so. When you click on any of the Third-Party Links & Ads, the applicable third party’s terms and policies apply, including the third party’s privacy and data gathering practices.
The Company does not guarantee the quality, accuracy, completeness or timeliness of the information or other Website Content or any contents of the Services provided. Allegory assumes no obligation to update the information or other Website Content or advise on further developments concerning topics mentioned. Information or other Website Content contained on the site may contain typographical errors. Information or other Website Content provided may be changed without notice. Access to this site is provided on an "as is" and “as available” basis. You should not assume that the site will be error-free or that the site will operate without interruption.
To the maximum extent permitted by the applicable law, Allegory disclaims all warranties, representations and conditions regarding use of the site or the information or other Website Content provided and all implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, or accuracy, whether express or implied, or arising from a course of dealing, usage or trade practice.
The use of the site and the Website Content is at your own risk. To the maximum extent permitted by the applicable law, Allegory is not responsible for any content or information contained on the site, including but not limited to content or information that you may find undesirable or objectionable.
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Allegory makes no representation or warranty that:
- the site or any component of the site (including, without limitation, the Website Content) will be compatible with your computer, mobile or other device and/or software;
- the site or any component of the site (including, without limitation, the Website Content) will be available or will function without interruption or error;
- the use of the site or any component of the website (including, without limitation, the Website Content), including, without limitation, the browsing and downloading of any information or material, will be free of any viruses, trojan horses, worms or other destructive, intrusive or disruptive components;
- the use of the site or any component of the site (including, without limitation, the Website Content) will not infringe the rights (including, without limitation, intellectual property rights) of any person or entity; or
- the use of the site or any component of the site (including, without limitation, the Website Content) will not cause any damage to your computer, mobile or other device, software or electronic files.
Except in the Province of Quebec, to the extent permitted by the applicable law, Allegory is not responsible for any direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damage or any other damage whatsoever and howsoever caused, arising out of or in connection with the use of the site in reliance on the information available on the site, including any loss of use, lost data, lost profits, lost opportunities, expenses, business interruption, personal injury or any other pecuniary loss, whether action is in contract, tort (including negligence), extra-contractual liability or other tortuous action, even if Allegory is advised of the possibility of such damages, losses, or expenses.
Allegory disclaims any liability for unauthorized use or reproduction of any portion of the site.
Except for in the Province of Quebec, without in any way limiting the generality of the foregoing, in no event shall Allegory be liable to you or any person:
- on account of your or that person's use or misuse of or reliance on the Website Content, the information or other materials accessible on or via the site; or
- for any loss or damage suffered as a result or in connection with the failure, malfunction, interruption, removal, change or modification of the site or the Website Content.
To the extent permitted by the applicable law, Allegory will not be responsible for any damages you or any third party may suffer as a result of the transmission, storage or receipt of confidential, personal or proprietary information that you make or that you expressly or implicitly authorize Allegory to make, or for any errors or any changes made to any transmitted, stored or received information.
The limitations specified above shall apply regardless of the causes or circumstances giving rise to the claim, even if such claim is based on breach of contract, negligence or other tort, and shall survive a fundamental breach or failure of essential purpose of any limited remedy, the failure of any exclusive remedy, or termination of this agreement. You expressly acknowledge that Allegory has entered into this Agreement with you and makes the site and each component of the site (including, without limitation, the Website Content) available to you, in reliance upon the limitations and exclusions of liability and the disclaimers set forth herein, and that the same form an essential basis of the agreement between you and Allegory.
You will indemnify and save harmless Allegory and its affiliates, and the officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of them,(“Allegory Entities”), from and against any and all losses, claims, damages, actions, causes of action, costs and expenses that any of the Allegory Entities may sustain, incur, suffer or be put to at any time or times as a result of a third party claim or demand that in any way arise out of:
- the use of the site, and/or the Website Content;
- your violation of any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement;
- the infringement by you of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity; and/or
- out of anything done or omitted to be done by yourself, your servants, employees, agents, trustees, officers, subcontractors, or members relating directly or indirectly to this site or the Website Content.
Copyright and Trademark Information
Excluding any User Content that you may provide, you are aware that all the intellectual property rights, including copyrights, patents, trademarks, and trade secrets, in the Services and its content are owned by Company or Company’s suppliers. Note that these Terms and access to the Site do not give you any rights, title, or interest in or to any intellectual property rights. Company and its suppliers reserve all rights not granted in these Terms.
Copyright ©. All rights reserved. All trademarks, logos and service marks displayed on the Services are our property or the property of other third parties. You are not permitted to use these Marks without our prior written consent or the consent of such third party which may own the Marks.
This Agreement shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario, and the laws of Canada applicable therein, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law. You irrevocably attorn to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in the Province of Ontario.
Changes to This Agreement
The Company reserves the right, at any time, with or without cause to:
- change the terms and conditions of this Agreement;
- change the Services, including eliminating or discontinuing any feature of the Services; or
- deny or terminate Your use of and/or access to the Services.
You may see the last update and effective dates on top of this Agreement. Please be sure to return to this page periodically to ensure you view the most up-to-date version of this Agreement.
Allegory only operates in English language at the moment.
You confirm that you are either more than 16 years of age, or possess parental or guardian consent to agree to this Agreement and access and use the Services, and are otherwise fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations, and warranties set forth in this Agreement, and to abide by and comply with this Agreement.
The communications between you and the Company use electronic means, whether you use the Site or send us emails, or whether Company posts notices on the Site or communicates with you via email or notifications through the Allegory Mobile Application. For contractual purposes, you:
- consent to receive communications from Company in an electronic form; and,
- agree that all terms and conditions, agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that Company provides to you electronically satisfy any legal obligation that such communications would satisfy if it were be in a hard copy writing.
Storage of Data and Third Party
Allegory uses third party vendors located in and outside Canada to provide the necessary software, networking, hosting, cloud storage, and related technology for the Services. If you need additional information on how these service providers collect, use, disclose or store personal information on behalf of the Company, you may refer to Our Privacy Notice or contact Our Privacy Officer.
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between You and Us regarding the use of the Services. Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms shall not operate as a waiver of such right or provision. The section titles in these Terms are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. The word "including" means "including without limitation". If any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable, the other provisions of these Terms will be unimpaired and the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed modified so that it is valid and enforceable to the maximum extent permitted by law. Company may freely assign these Terms. The terms and conditions set forth in these Terms shall be binding upon assignees.
In case You have any questions, comments, or concerns relating to this Agreement, please contact Us at:
Allegory Technology Inc.
Toronto Exchange Tower
130 King Street West, Suite 1800, Toronto, ON M5X 2A2
One last thing...
Your safety is important to us as much as your privacy and protection of your Personal Information. Please do not use any hand-held device neither for a quick phone call, nor texting, nor accessing to our Services while driving. Using such tools is prohibited in most countries, states, and provinces by laws. Therefore, you should acknowledge that if you violate such laws, we will not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages or losses.